So this happened…
A nickel was mysteriously wedged between the plug of the wall lamp and the bottom outlet. We were tucking the girls in, and as I was plugging the nightlight in, the circuit was completed. Sparks flew. A few choice words did, too.
How “someone” managed to get that nickel positioned the way it was without zapping themselves or setting the house on fire is a modern miracle.
Since then, I have been going over every safety rule I can think of since they seem to have forgotten at least one.
- Don’t run with scissors
- Look both ways before crossing the street
- Metal and electricity, BAD!
- People with puppies, candy, and vans should be avoided
- Never swim alone
- Don’t touch a hot stove
The list is endless. I assumed they knew this stuff, and a refresher course was unnecessary. I was wrong.
Every now and then, it’s a good idea to review these with your children. Learn from my mistakes, people!